47564 (LMS 16647, LMS 7564 & BR 47564)

47564 was built by the Hunslet Engine Co Ltd in 1928 and entered service as LMS number 16647. It was later numbered 7564 before gaining the BR number 47564 following the nationalisation of the railways in 1948.

BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.

Date Arrived Depot
January 1948 Devons Road
November 1957 Barrow
August 1962 Workington
August 1962 Barrow
May 1963 Lostock Hall

It was withdrawn from service at Lostock Hall in March 1965 and then used as a stationary boiler for carriage heating in Manchester. It was recovered from Red Bank Carriage Sidings near Manchester in 1972.

It was acquired by the Midland Railway Trust to provide spares for the other Jinty class locomotives at Butterley as by then it had no cab, bunker or tanks.

This locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.

Home Base Current Status Owner
Midland Railway Centre at Buttersley Source of spares for other class members Derby City Museam and Art Gallery

Back to 47260-47681

Back to LMS

Back to Locomotives