7760 was built by the North British Locomotive Company in 1930.
It started its period of operation under BR ownership in 1948 based at Old Oak Common where it stayed until it moved to Oxford in September 1949. It stayed here until it was withdrawn from service in December 1961 when 7760 was sold to London Transport (LT), renumbered L90 (replacing No. 7711 which was scrapped), and then sold to 7029 Clun Castle Ltd in 1971 in full working order. It has been loaned to various heritage railways and was certified for mainline operation in 2000. 7760 is out of service and awaiting a decision on its future.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Tyseley||Awaiting overhaul||7029 Clun Castle Ltd|