80105 was built at Brighton in April 1955 at a cost of £18,206. It was initially based on the Eastern Region working on the London, Tilbury and Southend Line (LT&S) hauling commuter services out of London until that route was electrified in 1962.
It spent time under the management of three different regions whilst in Service with BR. It moved from the Eastern to Western Region in 1962 and in September 1963 it was transferred to the London Midland when Machynlleth depot were transferred to the London Midland from the Western Region.
Motive power depot allocations.
|February 1963||Croes Newydd|
80105 was withdrawn from service in July 1965 and sold for scrap tp Woodham Brothers at Barry. It entered the scrapyard at Barry in January 1966 and remained there until October 1973 when it was purchased by the Locomotive Owners’ Group (Scotland) Ltd.
It was restored and entered service on the Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway in 2000. It worked on the Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway and visited a number of other heritage railways until its boiler certificate expired in September 2010.
It remains owned by the Locomotive Owners’ Group (Scotland) Ltd and was on display in Museum Hall 2 for some time prior to an overhaul being commenced.
By July 2016 the locomotive was fully dismantled and the boiler was being prepared for inspection. Later that year the boiler was lifted off the frames. The wheels were sent to Riley & Sons (E) Ltd at Heywood for the tyres to be turned where it was found that one wheel required a new tyre. The owners of the locomotive then decided to purchase a set of seven tyres in order to leave six spare for future use.
By May 2017 the boiler was ready for non-destructive testing.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway||Under overhaul||Locomotive Owners’ Group (Scotland) Ltd|