This locomotive was built in 1911 by Andrew Barclay and was delivered new to Colin McAndrew & Co
The locomotive was employed on a contract building accommodation at Redford Military Barracks in Edinburgh.
In 1915 it was sold to Tharsis Sulphur and Copper Works, Hebburn-on-Tyne.
By 1939 it had been sold again, this time to N. Greening (Wireworks) in Warrington.
In 1966 the locomotive was purchased privately for preservation and moved to the owners premises at Hixton in Staffordshire.
The locomotive moved to the Chasewater Railway in September 1968.
It was restored to steam in 2009 and remained operational for a number of years.
In August 2020 the locomotive returned to the Chasewater Railway after undergoing an overhaul at Locomotive Maintenance Services in Loughborough.