This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1913 for Sir Robert McAlpine & Sons.
It was based at the Hayes Depot which was a 30-acre site which housed the McAlpine railway locomotive and wagon fleet.
When no longer required the locomotive was put up for sale with a price tag of £100. It was then purchased by Sir William McAlpine and moved to his private garden railway – Fawley Hill Railway, a private railway which now runs to over a mile long, combining the steepest gradient at 1:13 on a British railway.
The locomotive was used March 2018 to convey the coffin of Sir William McAlpine to his final resting place on the estate.
It is currently operational.
|1026 on the Fawley Hill Garden Railway – July 2018|