This class R2 locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1928, It was delivered new to Enderby & Stoney Stanton Granite Co at Enderby Quarry in Leicestershire where it was given the name Elizabeth.
It was transferred to the Mountsorrel Quarries in November 1957.
In 1959 the Mountsorrel Granite Company Ltd was floated on the stock market and was acquired in its entirety by Messrs Redland Aggregates Ltd.
The locomotive moved to the Rutland railway Museum in June 1978 after the locomotive was literally dug out of the old loco shed at Mountsorrel where the granite roadway had pushed the side wall in on top of it.
It was restored and operated at Cottesmore at special events.
The locomotive is currently being overhauled.
|1759 at the Rutland Railway Museum – April 2013|