|Company||North Pembrokeshire & Fishguard Railway|
|Driving Wheels||4ft 0ins|
|Cylinders||16in x 22in|
|Valve Gear||Stephenson (slide valve)|
The railway company started off as the Narberth Road and Maenclochog Railway which was opened in 1876 to operate between Narbert Road (Clynderwen) and Rosebush, north of Maeclochog. The 8.5 mile light railway served large slate quarries at Rosebush.
Five years later the railway was purchased by the Rosebush and Fishguard Railway. It closed in 1882 and changed its name to the North Pembrokeshire and Fishguard Railway in 1884 but did not re-open under this name until 1895 after reconditioning and addition of an extension from Rosebush to Letterston.
The Great Western Railway assumed control in 1898.
The line was closed to passengers on 25 October 1937 (allowing construction of the Trecwn Royal Navy Armaments Depot on the resultant spur line) and to freight between Clynderwen and Letterston in May 1949.
1378 was built by Fox, Walker and Co in 1878 (Works No 410) for the Narberth Road and Maenclochog Railway which became the North Pembrokeshire and Fishguard Railway in 1884 and subsequently the GWR. It was sold to the Gwendraeth Valley Railway in 1911 where it became number 2. This railway was subsequently absorbed into the GWR who immediately sold the locomotive to the Kidwelly Tinplate Company in 1923. It worked there until withdrawn in 1941 but it was 40 years before it was restored on put on static display at Scolton Manor Museum near Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, not far from its original line.
The locomotive builders, Fox, Walker and Co were taken over by Thomas Peckett in 1880 and the firm became known as Peckett and Sons who built many steam locomotives for industrial use.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Scolton Manor Museum||Static display|