1442 was built at Swindon in April 1935 – Withdrawn from Exmouth shed in May 1965.
1442 alternated between being based at Marlow and Slough between 1948 and 1950 before going to Oxford where it stayed until 1953 when it moved again to Reading. Its stay at Reading only lasted three months after which it returned to Oxford later in 1953 where it was based for nearly nine years. In 1962 1442 was transferred to Westbury for a month before moving on to Exeter and then Yeovil Town a year later in October 1963. By December 1963 it was at Taunton but returned to Yeovil Town in October 1964 before moving to its final base of Exmouth Junction in February 1965.
1442 spent its last years working between Tiverton and Tiverton Junction station at Willand and became known to the locals as “Tivvy Bumper”. It was originally displayed outside at Tiverton following being purchased by Lord Amory in 1965 but was moved to a museum in 1978 to protect it from the weather.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life||Static display||Tiverton Museum of Mid-Devon Life|