30841 was built in 1936 at Eastleigh Works as part of the final batch of S15 locomotives. It was initially allocated to Exmouth Junction shed but subsequently joined the majority of the S15 locomotives at Feltham in August 1963 from where it was withdrawn in January 1964 and sold to Woodham Brothers for scrap.
In 1972 it was saved for preservation by the Essex Locomotive Society and moved to Chappel & Wakes Colne, Essex where it was restored to working order in 1974 and given the name Greene King (after the brewery). It has been based on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway since 1978.
In 1994 it was withdrawn for a comprehensive overhaul during which the frames of 30825 were used during reconstruction as 30825 was cannibalised by the North Yorkshire Moors and Mid Hants Railways for spares. As a result of the frame changes 30841 is now identified as 30825. This action was required as the frames of 30841 were out of alignment.
Only the frames of 30841 now remain at Grosmont on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|North Yorkshire Moors Railway||Used as arts for 30825||Essex Locomotive Society|
- 30499 (LSWR 499, SR E499, SR 499 & BR 30499)
- 30506 (LSWR 506, SR E506, SR 506 & BR 30506)
- 30825 (SR 825 & BR 30825)
- 30828 (SR 828 & BR 30828)
- 30830 (SR 830 & BR 30830)
- 30847 (SR 847 & BR 30847)