3738 emerging from Swindon works in September 1937. It was allocated to Old Oak Common depot in London.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Old Oak Common|
|May 1965||Cardiff East Dock|
After a working life of around half a million miles it was withdrawn in August 1965 and sent for scrapping to Woodham Bros. of Barry in August 1965. From there it was bought by two Society members, who brought it to Didcot in 1974, where it was restored to full operational use in 1975. This was achieved with the aid of parts donated from classmate 3650.
After overhauls it last returned to service in 2007 for the third time in preservation. It was then taken out of service again in 2013 because of firebox problems and is now on static display at Didcot Railway Centre.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Didcot Railway Centre||On static display||Great Western Society|