Built in 1942 and now owned by Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd. It is stored, unrestored, at a private restoration site in the West Midlands.
3845 was withdrawn from service in June 1964 and sent to Woodham Brothers for scrap and remained there for very many years.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1957||Cardiff Canton|
|October 1961||Severn Tunnel Junction|
It stayed at Barry until November 1989 when it went to the ill-fated Brighton Railway Museum project. The locomotive next went to the Swindon & Crickade Railway.
The ownership subsequently passed to the Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd
The boiler from 3845 is being used on 3850 in order to ensure a quicker return to steam for the latter.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Private site, Worcestershire||Still in scrapyard condition||Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd|