Built in 1942 and now located on the East Lancashire Railway.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|March 1953||Pontypool Road|
|March 1958||Cardiff Canton|
|January 1965||Croes Newydd|
After withdrawal in 1965, 3855 was sold for scrap to Woodham Brothers and entered the scarapyard at Barry in October 1965. It remained there until August 1987
It left Barry having been purchased along with four other GWR locomotives (2874, 4253, 5668 and 5967 Bickmarsh Hall) following its purchase by Tony Rippingale and moved to the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway. The five engines were stored out in the open here until 2007 when all except 5668 were put up for sale.
It was then moved to the East Lancs Railway in 2008 where it languished for many years before being considered for restoration.
The locomotive is owned by Andy Booth and in late 2016 it was moved into the locomotive works at Bury where it is being stripped down. The tender was restored off site and moved to Bury from the Ribble Steam Railway in late 2017.
The restoration is viewed as a long term project.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|East Lancs Railway||Undergoing restoration||Andy Booth|