4115 was one of the later locomotives, being turned out by Swindon Works in October 1936 and withdrawn from service in June 1965.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Stafford Road|
|June 1958||Newton Abbott (stored from September 1958)|
|December 1958||Hereford (stored from September 1962)|
|January 1963||Severn Tunnel Junction|
One of the “Barry Ten” it was sold to the Great Western Society at Didcot in 2010, to act as a donor locomotive for the creation of two new locomotives. (The “Barry Ten” were the last unsold locomotives at Woodham Brothers in 1990 when Dai Woodham retired. They were taken on by the Vale of Glamorgan Council where they were stored for another twenty years in scrapyard condition before being sold).
- GWR 4700 class 2-8-0 No. 4709, to which it will donate: front end extension frames and cylinder sub-assembly; six of the eight 5ft 8in driving wheels required; frame stays; footplate supports; brake hangers; vacuum brake cylinder and reservoir; weighshaft and bearings
- GWR 2221 class County Tank 4-4-2T, to which it will donate its boiler.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Didcot Railway Centre||Has donated parts to other locomotives||Great Western Society|