4248

4248 was built at Swindon in 1916.

It is in 5205 specification.

BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.

Date ArrivedDepot
January 1948Ebbw Junction
July 1961Llanelly
November 1961St Phillips Marsh
February 1962Severn Tunnel Junction

42428 was withdrawn in 1963 and sent for scrap at Barry where it remained until 1986.

4248 has been conserved rather than restored and is on static display at Swindon Steam Railway Museum dismantled as if a locomotive ‘in the works’.

Home BaseCurrent StatusOwner
Swindon Steam Railway MuseumDismantled static displaySwindon Steam Railway Museum
4248 in Woodham’s scrapyard at Barry – August 1983

Back to 4200 class

Back to GWR

Back to Locomotives