4270 was completed at Swindon in 1919. It still retains inside steam pipes and is thus rather closer to original condition.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Ebbw Junction|
|October 1949||Cardiff Canton|
It was withdrawn in 1962, making the short journey from its last shed at Cardiff to the Barry scrapyard. It left the Barry yard in July 1985.
Restoration started at Toddington in 2003 before it moved elsewhere until it returned in 2013. It was restored to steam in 2014.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway||Operational||Locomotive Services Ltd|