46512 was built at Swindon in December 1952.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|June 1966||Crewe South|
46512 worked the last passenger train over the Llanfyllin branch on the 17 January 1965. After this it was transferred to Willesden – finally returning to the tracks of the old LMS, the company for which it was designed. With dieselisation advancing rapidly, 46512 was withdrawn from Crewe in November 1966 and sold for scrap, arriving at Barry Scrapyard in June 1967. It stayed at Barry until May 1973 when it left to go to the Severn Valley Railway before moving on to the Strathspey Railway in 1982.
It now carries the name E.V.Cooper Engineer in recognition of the engineer who oversaw the restoration of the locomotive.
It last returned to steam in March 2011 after a major overhaul which had caused the locomotive to be out of service for six years.
The locomotive was be lifted in early 2017 to enable the driving and pony wheels to be removed and sent to the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland for turning on the wheel lathe at Whitehead.
Over the winter a full boiler re-tubing and cylinder re-boring is planned so that the locomotive can return to traffic in march or April 2018.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Strathspey Railway||Under overhaul||Strathspey Railway|