47327 was built in 1926 by the North British Locomotive Company Ltd. and entered service as LMS number 16410 at Motherwell.
It was renumbered 7327 in 1934 and then 47327 under BR ownership in 1948.
47327 was originally allocated to Motherwell.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|September 1949||Carlisle Upperby|
|January 1962||Bank Hall|
As 47327 it was withdrawn from service at Aintree in December 1966 and sold to Woodham Brothers at Barry for scrap although it did not arrive at Barry until January 1968.
It was bought by the Midland Railway Trust in 1970 and restored at Derby works.
It has spent a number of years of its life at Midland Railway at Butterly disguised as Thomas the tank engine.
The locomotive is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.
It was returned to steam in January 1992.
In 2015 was running as SDJR number 23 before being taken out of service later that year and it is now awaiting boiler repairs.
In 2017 it was cosmetically restored in Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway Prussian blue as number 23 for display in the Matthew Kirtley Museum at the Midland Railway.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Midland Railway Centre at Butterly||On static display in the Matthew Kirtley Museum||Derby City Museums and Art Gallery|
|47327 in the Matthew Kirtley Museum – July 2017|
- 47279 (LMS 7119, LMS 7279 & BR 47279)
- 47298 (LMS 7138, LMS 7298 & BR 47298)
- 47324 (LMS 16407, LMS 7324 & BR 47324)
- 47383 (LMS 16466, LMS 7383 & BR 47383)
- 47406 (LMS 16489, LMS 7406 & BR 47406)
- 47445 (LMS 16528, LMS 7445 & BR 47445)
- 47493 (LMS 16576, LMS 7493 & BR 47493)
- 47564 (LMS 16647, LMS 7564 & BR 47564)