5224 was built at Swindon in 1924 and ran until withdrawn in 1963 from Cardiff East Dock shed.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Ebbw Junction|
|February 1954||Severn Tunnel Junction|
|March 1962||Cardiff Canton|
|August 1962||Cardiff East Dock|
After being withdrawn from service in April 1963 the locomotive was sold for scrap and move to the Barry scrapyard of Woodham Brothers Ltd in August 1963. It remained at Barry until October 1978.
It then spent many years at the Great Central Railway under the ownership of Roger Hibbert.
It was acquired by Pete Waterman in 1998
It has been restored and run on a number of heritage lines before moving to Crewe Heritage Centre where it was planned to overhaul it.
Following Pete Waterman selling his facility at Crewe 5224 has moved to Peak Rail at Rowsley to undertake the overhaul which has now commenced.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Peak Rail||Under overhaul||Pete Waterman – The Waterman Railway Heritage Trust|