5552 was built at Swindon in 1928 at a cost of £3578 and allocated to Tyseley.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Newton Abbott|
|March 1955||Plymouth Laira|
5552 was withdrawn in October 1960 from Truro depot by which time it 5552 had covered 900,000 miles.
It was bought from Woodham Brothers scrapyard in 1986 and taken to Bodmin. After extensive restoration, which included manufacture of many replacement parts, 5552 entered service on the Bodwin Wenford Railway in 2003 and has been a regular performer since.
In late 2012 it was withdrawn for its ten year overhaul.
In early December 2018 the Bodmin & Wenford Railway reported that the wheels had been placed back in the frames and tubes were being fitted into the boiler.
In November 2020 it was reported that it was hoped to have the locomotive in service late in 2021.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bodmin & Wenford Railway||Under overhaul||Bodmin & Wenford Railway Trust|