5775 was built at Swindon in 1929.
Between 1948 and 1952 it based at Danygraig after which it moved to Carmathen where it stayed until May 1956 when it transferred to Pontypool Road where it remained until withdrawn in July 1963.
It was then sold to London Transport where it ran as L89 until 1970 when it was sold to Keighley and Worth Valley Railway (KWVR). It soon appeared in the film The Railway Children in the brown livery of the fictional Great North & South Railway (GN&SR). 5775 went to Locomotion, the National Railway Museum at Shildon in May 2014 to be repainted in the livery used in the film for an exhibition.
It has also featured in Last of the Summer Wine in London Transport livery (L89) but with KWVR on the sidetank.
It is currently at the National Railway Museum York.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Keigthley & Worth Valley Railway – On loan to National Railway Museum – York||On static display||Keigthley & Worth Valley Railway|
|5775 as L89 on Neasden shed – July 1968|
|5775 at Keithley on the KWVR-1970|
|5775 at Haworth on the KWVR – October 1990|
|5775 at Keithley on the KWVR-1991|
|5775 in store at the museum at Oxenhope on the KWVR-2009|
|5775 in the National Railway Museum at York-2016. The livery is as it was painted for the Railway Children film.|