5786 was completed in 1930 at Swindon. At the nationalisation of the railways in 1948 it was based at Aberbeeg but transferred to Cardiff Canton in August 1948 and remained there until withdrawn from service in April 1958.
5786 was sold to London Transport in 1958 and renumbered L92. It was sold to the Worcester Locomotive Society in 1969 and was based at Bulmers Railway Centre until 1993.
The Worcester Locomotive Society Ltd is affiliated with the South Devon Railway and 5786 since then it has been on loan to the South Devon Railway.
It returned to service in 2013 in the maroon livery of London Transport.
It was loaned to the Chinnor & Princess Risborough Railway (C&PRR) in exchange for 1366 class locomotive 1369 but returned to the South Devon Railway in late 2016. Whilst on hire to the C&PRR the engine sustained a broken firebox stay. When it was subsequently examined the 5786 was withdrawn and its boiler lifter to enable repair work to be undertaken.
In mid July the reassembly of the locomotive commenced and it was expected to be back in service shortly afterwards.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|South Devon Railway||Under overhaul||Worcester Locomotive Society|