Built at Swindon in May 1931, and withdrawn from Oxford depot in December 1965.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|February 1963||Reading (stored from June 1963)|
It was purchased in working order by a Great Western Society member, being sent to the small depot temporarily established by the Great Western Society in the old Taplow goods shed. There it was steamed on high days and holidays until able to come to Didcot in October 1967.
It has featured in several films including ‘The Bliss of Mrs Blossom’ when, painted in psychedelic colours, it operated in a contrived snowstorm at Taplow, to the consternation of surprised main-line drivers.
There it has been in almost continual use, apart from repair periods on expiry of each ten-year boiler certificate. Also worked on certain preserved railways, it has been withdrawn from active service for yet another ten-year major overhaul and is currently on static display at Didcot.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Didcot Railway Centre||On static display||Great Western Society|