62469 was built at Cowlairs Works in September 1913 and entered service as GNR 256.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|1st January 1948||Eastfield|
It was withdrawn from normal service in November 1959 but was restored to its NBR livery for working special trains. Whilst it did this it was based at Glasgow Dawsholm shed.
In 1962 it was withdrawn from service at Dawsholm and donated to Glasgow Corporation for display in the Glasgow Museum of Transport. It was placed on loan to Scottish Railway Preservation Society with a view to returning the locomotive to steam by the centenary of the West Highland line in 1994. This did not happen and in 2008 Glen Douglas returned to Glasgow and three years later went on display at the Glasgow Riverside Museum.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Glasgow Riverside Museum||On static display||Glasgow Museums|