6435 was built at Swindon in 1937 and by the time it was withdrawn in October 1964 6435 had run over 570,000 miles in service.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Cardiff Canton|
|November 1948||Cardiff Cathays|
|April 1956||Cardiff Cathays|
|November 1963||Yeovil Town|
It was purchased by the Dart Valley Railway, the then operators of today’s South Devon Railway, and arrived at Buckfastleigh in October 1965, straight from BR service. The locomotive had completed 570,000 miles by the time it was withdrawn from service.
6435 was used regularly in the line’s early days of preservation and, in the 1970s, was transferred to the Dart Valley Company’s Paignton to Kingswear line.
In 2008, 6435 was declared too small for this heavily graded line and was purchased for use on the Bodmin & Wenford Railway in Cornwall where it is operational following an overhaul in 2012.
It is sometimes paired with auto trailer 232.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bodmin & Wenford Railway||Operational|