68077 was built by Andrew Barclay, Sons & Co. Ltd. At Kilmarnock in January 1947 and started work on the LNER the following month.
In August 1949 it was fitted with an extended coal bunker.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|1st January 1948||Immingham|
It was withdrawn from BR service in December 1962 and purchase by the National Coal Board (NCB) for use in the South Yorkshire Area. The extended bunker was removed to facilitate coaling.
It was initially based at the Orgreave Colliery at Woodhouse in Yorkshire as No 14. The locomotive was moved to Maltby Main Colliery around October 1968 but was stored out of use by May 1970.
It was bought for use on the Worth Valley Railway (now the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway) and arrived there in September 1971. It was steamed shortly after this but it required attention and the fitting of vacuum brakes before it could be utilised on passenger trains.
In 2005 it moved to the Spa Valley Railway for overhaul but is still in a dismantled state.
In 2018 it was reported that it was intended to undertake non-destructive testing of the boiler to ascertain the scope of work required to return the locomotive to steam.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Spa Valley Railway||Under restoration||Privately owned|