68078 was built by Andrew Barclay, Sons & Co. Ltd. as Works No 2212 at Kilmarnock in July 1946 and went into service on the LNER.
In August 1949 it was fitted with an extended coal bunker.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|1st January 1948||Immingham|
|March 1961||Langwith Junction|
68078 was withdrawn from service with BR in March 1963.
It was then purchased by Derek Crouch Ltd and used in Northumberland at Widdrington Disposal Point.
In 1975 it was the last steam locomotive in commercial use in Northumberland.
It was then stored out of use but was acquired by the GW Preservation Society at Southall in October 1987.
It was then placed in store at the former ROF establishment at Hayes in Middlesex whilst it awaited restoration.
It is privately owned by and is at Hope Farm, Sellindge in Kent where it is being restored.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Hope Farm, Sellindge||Under restoration||Privately owned|