68095 entered traffic as NBR 42 in 1887 following being built at Cowlairs Works in Springburn, Glasgow.
It was one of the locomotives that was subsequently fitted permanently attached four wheeled wooden tender. This tender is not now fitted to the engine.
Under BR it spent almost all of its working life based at St Margarets from where it was deployed to work on Leith docks. In February 1950 it spent a short time based at Caldwell’s Paper Mills at Inverkeithing in Fife.
When it was withdrawn from service in December 1962 it was purchased by Jim Morris whilst it was in McWilliam’s Shettleston scrapyard and was displayed at his Lytham Transport Museum.
This museum closed in 1992 and the locomotive was purchased by the Scottish Railway Preservation Society (SRPS) with the aid of a grant from the National Fund for Acquisitions.
It has remained on static display at Bo’ness since then. There are no plans to restore it to steam.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway||On static display||Scottish Railway Preservation Society|