Named after the ancient 12th century Knights Hospitaller perceptory Dinmore Manore in Herefordshire, the locomotive was built by British Railways at Swindon in 1950.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|December 1954||Plymouth Laira|
|June 1960||St Blazey|
|September 1969||Cardiff Canton|
|August 1962||Cardiff East Dock|
Dinmore Manor was the final Manor locomotive to work a train on the Cambrian network – the 18.05 up mails on 13th November 1965.
It was withdrawn from service in November 1965 and moved to Woodham Brothers scrapyard.
The locomotive was purchased in 1979 by the Gwili Railway and was moved to Bronwydd Arms for restoration. A lack of undercover facilities and funds resulted in very little restoration work being carried out, with the locomotive being sold in 1983.
While being restored at Birmingham Railway Museum the West Somerset Railway Company provided a financial ‘leg-up’ to the owning Dinmore Manor Fund. It made its debut on the West Somerset Railway over the summer of 1995.
The locomotive’s boiler certificate expired in July 2004 and the engine was taken out of service.
Its 10-year overhaul was completed in April 2014, and Dinmore Manor entered service at its new base at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway following reaching agreement with the Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd the owners of 7820 on its use. It will however, operate on the West Somerset Railway between June and September 2017.
In August 2017 7820 past the 100,000 miles of running in preservation mark
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway||Operational||Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd|
- 7802 Bradley Manor
- 7808 Cookham Manor
- 7812 Erlestoke Manor
- 7819 Hinton Manor
- 7821 Ditcheat Manor
- 7822 Foxcote Manor
- 7827 Lydham Manor
- 7828 Odney Manor