7821 was built by British Railways in November 1950 at Swindon at a cost of £10,479.
BR motive power depot allocations.
|July 1959||Newton Abbott|
|September 1961||Croes Newydd|
Whilst based at Oswestry 7821 was employed on duties on the mid-wales services to Aberystwyth.
When it was based at Tyseley it was observed working freight traffic between Oxley and Pontypool Road as well as local Thames Valley services from Paddington.
At Newton Abbot it worked over the South Devon banks along with a number of othe Manor class engines based there.
7821 was withdrawn in November 1965 and was sent to Woodham Brother scrapyard.It arrived at the scrapyard in Barry in May 1966.
In 1980 it was purchased by Ken Ryder and left the Barry scrapyard in June 1981.
Initially it went to the embryonic Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway, before moving to the Llangollen Railway and then Swindon, where its restoration was completed in 1998.
It was then run in on the West Somerset Railway and later operated on the Great Central Railway and then the Churnet Valley Railway in 2005 where it remained in traffic until 2007.
After being sold to the West Somerset Railway Association in 2007, 7821 was first moved to Williton railway station, and then in 2010 to Bishops Lydeard railway station whilst funding was raised for its overhaul. In November 2010 the locomotive was moved by road to the Museum of the Great Western Railway at Swindon, for static display for up to five years whilst it awaited overhaul
In early 2015 7821 was moved to the West Somerset Railway where it is expected to be operational in 2026.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|West Somerset Railway||Under overhaul||Ken Ryder|
|7821 Ditcheat Manor in Woodham’s scrapyard at Barry – October 1968|
- 7802 Bradley Manor
- 7808 Cookham Manor
- 7812 Erlestoke Manor
- 7819 Hinton Manor
- 7820 Dinmore Manor
- 7822 Foxcote Manor
- 7827 Lydham Manor
- 7828 Odney Manor