7927 was built at Swindon in 1950 and entered service in October of that year at Reading. In September 1958 it was transferred to Old Oak Common where it remained for two years before moving on to Cardiff Canton in September 1960. In August 1962 it moved the short distance to Cardiff East Dock where it remained until July 1965 when it was transferred to Ebbw Junction. In July 1965 it had its last move which was to Oxford from where it was withdrawn from service in December 1965.
Frames of locomotive purchased as part of a project to re-create a GWR 1000 County class locomotive, 1014 County of Glamorgan. The boiler is going to be used for new-build Grange class 6880 Betton Grange.
7927 was actually built after nationalisation, being turned out from Swindon Works by British Railway in October 1950. After a short working life it was withdrawn from service in 1965.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Being used to donate parts to new build projects|
|7927 Willington Hall in Woodham’s scrapyard at Barry – 1975|
- 6960 Raveningham Hall
- 6984 Owsden Hall
- 6989 Wightwick Hall
- 6990 Witherslack Hall
- 6998 Buton Agnes Hall
- 7903 Foremarke Hall