92207 was built at Swindon in June 1959.
Motive power depot allocations.
|June 1959||St Phillips Marsh|
|November 1964||Ebbw Junction|
It was withdrawn from service in December 1964 as it was due for a major overhaul and sold as scrap to Woodham Brothers. 92207 arrived at the scrapyard in Barry in March 1965 and remained there until October 1986 – about five times longer than it was in service with BR.
It was purchased for preservation and named Morning Star. Initially, 92207 was moved to Bury Bolton Street railway station (East Lancashire Railway). During its 19-year stay there around £90,000 was spent on new parts acquisition, forgings and castings and the complete restoration of the main frames, axleboxes and 5 wheelsets to Mainline standard.
In 2003 92207 was moved to Bryn Engineering in Wigan.
In December 2005 the locomotive was relocated to the Shillingstone Railway Project on the former Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway where it was planned to complete the restoration of 92207.
By 2009, 92207 was parked on a short length of isolated track and 75% of the parts required having been made or sourced. The boiler still required pitted welding, major stay and tubing work to be undertaken.
In 2014 a purpose built shed had been completed to enable the restoration work on 92207 to progress more easily.
During 2018 restoration work was continuing at a private site near Poole. It is expected that the boiler will be moved to the East Lancs Railway.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Somerset & Dorset Steam, Poole||Under restoration||Keith Bottomley|