92245 was built at Crewe in November 1958.
Motive power depot allocations.
|November 1958||Old Oak Common|
|October 1960||Cardiff Canton|
|May 1962||Bath Green Park|
It was withdrawn from service in December 1964 and sold for scrap to Woodham Brothers at Barry. It entered the scrapyard in March 1965 and became one of the Barry Ten.
The Barry Ten were the last unsold locomotives at Woodham Brothers in 1990 when Dai Woodham retired. They were taken on by the Vale of Glamorgan Council where they were stored for another twenty years in scrapyard condition before being sold. 92245 as however, never been sold and remains at Barry Depot on the Barry Island Railway.
The boiler was moved to Crewe for future restoration but the chassis is to be sectioned to be used in an exhibition to tell the story of the Barry scrapyard.
In December 2018 it was reported that the boiler from 92245 would be used on 92212.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Barry Tourist Railway||In scrapyard condition with boiler removed||Vale of Glamorgan Council|