This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1909 and spent most of its working life at Polkemmet Colliery at Whitburn in West Lothian.
It was named Dardanelles after the First World War campaign which was in progress when the colliery opened in 1913. The colliery closed in 1986.
The locomotive has been cosmetically restored and put on display as a war memorial at Polkemmet Country Park.
|1175 at Polkemmet Colliery – May 1982|