This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1911 and was delivered new to Newport Tinplate Co Ltd at Abercarn.
It was later used at the Ebbw Vale Steel works. At the end of its working life the locomotive was refurbished by British Steel and it was then put on display in Newport to represent the coal and Steel industry in Newport.
The Newport Council over the years had to pay out in excess of £10,000 to repair and maintain the locomotive due to it suffering from vandalism.
In 2012 the council donated the locomotive to the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway with the hope that it would eventually be restored to steam again.
The locomotive is now on display at the Pig Pit Mining Museum at Blaenavon.