This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1912 and was used by the National Coal Board at Polkemmet Colliery which was in the NCB Lothian Area. Here it carried the number NCB 8.
Sadly, the cab, bunker, tanks and side rods of this locomotive were stolen from the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre, Minnivey Colliery at Dalmellington which is operated by the Ayrshire Railway Preservation Group.
The frames, wheels, cylinders and boiler survive at.
Thought is being given to restoring the locomotive to full working order.