This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1915.
From new it worked at the Royal Naval Airship station near Rochester in Kent where it acquired the name Lord Fisher who was a British Admiral.
After serving at military establishments in the south east of England the locomotive was purchased by the Gas Board around 1950. By about 1960 it was out of use at Hilsea Gasworks.
The locomotive was then purchased by the Chapel Tramway in Southampton who overhauled it and then used it on an industrial line near the docks.
The line closed in 1967 and the locomotive was then bought, in working order, to run on the Longmoor Military Railway. Soon afterwards it moved on to Radstock which was the base for the Somerset & Dorset Railway Heritage Trust.
In 1973 the locomotive moved to the East Somerset Railway where it was used on shunting work until around 1977 wen small diesel shunters took over the work.
The locomotive was last steamed in 2007 and it was taken out of service and stored on the East Somerset Railway whilst it awaited a ten year overhaul.
As there was no requirement for the locomotive at the East Somerset Railway its owner moved it to the Yeovil Railway Centre where it is now being overhauled.