This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1929 to work in the Scottish coalfields. It ended its working life at Valleyfield Colliery at Newmills in Fife in the late 1960’s
Valleyfield Colliery opened in 1908 and closed in 1978. The workings at Valleyfield connected to those at Longannet coal mine to the west, and under the river Forth to those at Bo’ness on the south bank of the river opposite.
The locomotive still existed in 2017 but was in a derelict state at the Thomas Muir’s Den Road Scrapyard in Kirkcaldy where it had been since the late 1960s.
It was seen at the scrapyard in July 2020.