This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in May 1930 and delivered new to Boots Pure Drug Co Ltd at Beeston, Nottingham where it carried the No 1. No 2 at Beeston was a similar fireless locomotive delivered from Andrew Barclay in January 1935 (Works No 2008) which is also preserved.
They were fireless locomotive which means that they had a steam accumulator rather than a boiler which was charged up with steam from a stationary boiler.
It had 15 inch x 18 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet driving wheels.
The locomotives history in preservation is not well documented although it spent time at the Foxfield Railway.
The locomotive moved to Williton in March 2017 to be restored by Ryan Pope of West Somerset Restoration. It is understood that following restoration tit is intended that the locomotive will provide demonstrations at Washford on the West Somerset Railway.
The locomotive is still awaiting restoration.