This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in March 1935 and delivered new to Boots Pure Drug Co Ltd at Beeston, Nottingham where it carried the No 1. No 2 at Beeston was a similar fireless locomotive delivered from Andrew Barclay in January 1935 (Works No 2008) which is also preserved.
They were fireless locomotive which means that they had a steam accumulator rather than a boiler which was charged up with steam from a stationary boiler.
It had 15 inch x 18 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet driving wheels.
The locomotive is now preserved and on static display inside the Matthew Kirtley Museum, at the Midland Railway Centre at Butterley.