This locomotive was built in 1951 by Andrew Barclay after which it was used at Frances Colliery in Dysart. It was the last steam locomotive to work at the Frances Colliery.
It moved to the Lochty Private Railway in June 1981 on loan from the Fife Railway Preservation Group under the terms of the National Caol Board’s Mining Relics Scheme.
It was initially preserved at the Lochty Private Railway but is now at the Fife Heritage Railway.
Restoration was considered in 2011 but it was then considered beyond the railways resources.
It is currently dismantled and initial inspections indicate it requires a new tubeplate, smokebox, foundation ring and attention to the firebox stays.