This was the last 16in 0-4-0ST saddle tank built by the Kilmarnock firm of Andrew Barclay & Sons Ltd. It was built in 1955 and delivered to the Scottish Region of the National Coal Board (NCB) as the last steam locomotive they bought.
It was purchased privately for preservation from the NCB in 1982.
It returned to steam on the Derwent Valley Light Railway (DVLR) in 2005 and ran there for the following three years. Because of concerns over the wear on the motions of the locomotive it was withdrawn from service in 2008.
In September 2017, after 26 years at the DVLR, the locomotive was moved to Appleby Frodingham Railway Preservation Society who operate within British Steel’s Scunthorpe Steelworks
The locomotive is now being overhauled.