This locomotive was built by Aveling & Porter in 1926. The company are better known for building traction engines. This was the last railway locomotive built by Aveling & Porter.
The locomotive was used at the Snodland Works of Holborough Cement Company Ltd who later became part of Blue Circle Cement.
It was presented by Associated Portland Cement to the Bluebell Railway in 1964.
After many years it was restored at the Bluebell Railway but it was not really suitable for operating there. In 1997 it was loaned, and then sold, to a group who had a similar locomotive at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre at Quainton.
In 2005 it moved to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and in 2007 to the Battlefield Line at Shackerstone.
In January 2015 it moved on to the Rushden, Higham and Wellingborough Railway where it is currently operational.
In mid 2018 the locomotive was put up for sale.
|9449 at Sheffield Park – August 1965|
|9449 Shackerstone Battlefield Line – September 2012|