This locomotive was built by the Avonside Engine Company in 1908 for John Paton, Pontypool, South Wales. This firm became Partridge, Jones and John Paton Ltd in 1920.
In the mid 1930s the locomotive was sold the Hodbarrow Mining Co at Millom which mined iron ore in the form of haematite. The locomotive was rebuilt by Adams and named Millom.
Millom was saved for preservation in 1969 and currently in a lot of bits at the Foxfield Railway.