This locomotive was built by Avonside Engine Company in 1917 and was originally named Sella Park. It was renamed Askham Hall after being rebuilt by Hawthorn Leslie in 1935.
Its working life was based in West Cumbria at the Solway Colliery at Workington and Whitehaven harbour and William Pit.
In 1971 it moved from Workington to Whitehaven over BR track.
It worked for a few more months at Whitehaven until a landslide severed the Howgill Brake incline from Haig Colliery, when it became spare to diesel traction as one locomotive was able to handle the harbour lines.
Askham Hall was steamed again 1n 1975 when it was donated to Copeland Borough Council. After spending time at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway and the Haig Colliery Museum, it can now be found at Threlkeld Mining Museum near Keswick, although in unrestored condition.