This locomotive was built by Avonside Engine Company in order to help the war effort but was not completed until November 1918 which is the month the war ended. It was subsequently sold to the Imperial Smelting Works (later becoming the National Smelting Corporation) at Avonmouth where it was numbered as ISCL No2. It spent its entire working life there before finally retiring in 1972.
It was bought by the Bristol Suburban Railway Society (now the Avon Valley Railway) and stored at Fry’s chocolate factory in Keynsham until it was moved a year later to Bitton for restoration work to begin.
Once restored the locomotive received a plain black livery and was named Edwin Hulse after a founder member of the railway and steamed again in 1974.
The locomotive is currently undergoing restoration in our goods shed at Bitton.