This locomotive was built in 1922 by Avonside Engine Company for the South Suburban Gas Company at Lower Sydenham. It remained there until 1955 when it was transferred to
the Southern Gas Board at Croydon. It was adapted to burn waste oil from the work’s lorry fleet and was eventually acquired by J B Latham and moved to Bill McAlpine’s
private line in 1969.
For a number of years it was on display at the Safeway store in Crewe but is now at Rippingdale station in Lincolnshire.