This locomotive was built by the Avonside Engine Company in 1912 and was delivered new to Garswood Coal and Iron Co. Ltd. Who later became Garswood Hall Collieries Ltd. In January 1947 the locomotive passed into the ownership of the National Coal Board (NCB) following the nationalisation of the coal industry.
The pit at Garston closed in 1958 although some traffic to the washery remained until 1962.
After a short period at Lea Green and Cronton the locomotive was sold for scrap to J K Holt in 1965.
The Industrial Railway Society noted that it was still in the scrapyard at Westhoughton in 2006.
The locomotive has subsequently been bought privately with the intention of restoring it.