This locomotive may have been built for the Bombay Harbour Improvement Trust by Avonside Engine Company in 1921.
Originally the locomotive had wooden buffers but these were later replaced with conventional ones. The cab was initially open backed but additional security measures resulted in a more enclosed cab was constructed.
In the early 1970s a group of four enthusiasts who acquired the locomotive from Rugby Portland Cement at Barrington Cement Works in Cambridgeshire.
At one point the locomotive was briefly at the Nene Valley, and at the Great Central Museum at Loughborough.
Subsequently it moved to the Colne Valley Railway where it appears to have been stored for many years before being put up for sale.
It was still at the Colne Valley Railway in the summer of 2020.