This locomotive was built in 1878 by Beyer Peacock & Company and was used by Beyer Peacock as a shunter at their works at Gorton in Manchester.
It was saved for preservation in 1966. After being located at the Oswestry base of the Cambrian Railway Society it moved to the Foxfield Railway in 1996 and re-entered service there in 2013.
In May 2019 the locomotive ran on the main line in Poland on a visit to Wolsztyn.
The locomotive returned to service on the Foxfield Railway in September 2021 following an overhaul which was completed by returning the locomotive to its original 1950 Gorton Foundry livery.