This locomotive was built by Grant Richie & Company in 1894 and was the only 0-4-0ST built by the company. It was delivered new to Kinglassie Colliery Leslie in Fife and carried the running number 21.
Little appears to be known for a long period of time. It then went to Cowdenbeath Central Workshops in 1949, to Mary Colliery Fife in 1951, back to Cowdenbeath in 1955, to Fordell Colliery in 1957, Rothes Colliery.
In 1966 it went to Thomas Muirs scrapyard in Easterbalbeggie in November 1969. It was to be joined there over the years by a further ten industrial steam locomotives.
The locomotive left Scotland for the first time when it moved into store near Shrewsbury before moving to the Ribble Steam railway at Preston in July 2014. It was then that the restoration of the locomotive started, and it was returned to steam in September 2016.